Makes: 12 servings | Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook: 8 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), cut in half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 12 crusty rolls (5 inches)
Place beef in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the water, jalapenos and dressing mix; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and shred with 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve beef on rolls with juice.
1 sandwich: 315 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Original source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/spicy-french-dip/