Makes: 4 servings | Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup medium salsa
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper blend. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine pineapple and salsa. Bring to a boil. Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with cilantro.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce: 274 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.