Makes: 4 servings | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 (4oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 lbs asparagus (ends trimmed)
- 1/4 cup coarse Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the sliced onion in the middle of the baking sheet. Place the salmon fillets on top of the onion slices, and place the asparagus around the salmon. In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, olive oil, honey, and pepper. Spread the mustard mixture on top of the salmon fillets and drizzle any extra on the asparagus.
- Bake 20 minutes. Serve each salmon fillet with the asparagus on the side and the onions on top of the salmon.
1 salmon fillet, 4 asparagus spears and 2 Tbsp onions: Calories 260, Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 2.5g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 440mg, Carbohydrate 12g (Fiber 3g, Sugars 8g), Protein 25g, Potassium 640mg, Phosphorus 360mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Carbohydrate, 1 Nonstarchy vegetable, 3 Lean Protein, 1 1/2 Fat
Original source: http://bit.ly/PanSalmonAsparagus