Makes: 8 servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes; Bake: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
Preheat oven to 375°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, pesto, salt and rice. Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Fill each with 3 tablespoons rice mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. In batches, brown chicken breasts on each side, adding additional oil as needed. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks before serving.
1 stuffed chicken breast half: 278 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Original source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pesto-rice-stuffed-chicken/