- 1-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 12 ounces uncooked whole grain spiral pasta
- 3 cups cut fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water; add to potatoes. Toss with pesto, cheese and enough pasta water to moisten.
3/4 cup: 261 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Original source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pesto-pasta-potatoes/