Makes: 4 servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and julienned
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- Optional: Garlic mayonnaise and torn leaf lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine pork, oil, pepper and garlic; toss to coat. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture; cook and stir until no longer pink. Stir in red peppers; heat through. Serve on pita breads. Top with mayonnaise and lettuce if desired.
1 sandwich (calculated without mayonnaise): 380 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Original source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/peppered-pork-pitas/