Makes: 10 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup
Preparation Time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp. Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 large onion)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic (about 3 medium cloves)
- 1 cup sliced carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup sliced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 2 cups sliced zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 (15-oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 48 oz. low-sodium, low-fat chicken stock
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the olive oil, onion, garlic, and chicken pieces in a 6- or 8-quart soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Sauté until the onions become translucent. Add the carrots, celery, zucchini, and tomatoes, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, herbs, salt, pepper, and stock. Bring to boiling, then reduce heat to just below a boil and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Complete Month of Meals Collection: Hundreds of Diabetes-Friendly Recipes and Nearly Limitless Meal Combinations. Available at shopdiabetes.org, 800-232-6733, or bookstores nationwide. For more information, Click Here.
Photography by: Terry Doran | Styling by: Nick Sellers | Food styling by: Annie Whyte