Makes: 8 servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
In a large bowl, mix mustard, brown sugar, allspice and pepper flakes. Remove 1/4 cup mixture for serving. Add chicken to remaining mixture; toss to coat.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with reserved mustard mixture.
1 chicken thigh with 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard mixture: 224 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.