Makes: 4 servings | Prep Time: 10 minutes and marinating; Grill: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Grilled romaine, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. If desired, serve over grilled romaine.
Freeze option: Freeze chicken with marinade in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill as directed.
1 chicken breast half : 231 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Original source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grilled-basil-chicken/