Makes: 4 servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 tsp stevia brown sugar blend
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (divided use)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 1/4 lbs raw medium shrimp (peeled, deveined, and tails cut off)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable broth, rice vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger, sriracha, and brown sugar blend.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the olive oil in a large skillet or wok. When the oil is shimmering, add the garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds). Add the shrimp and cook until opaque, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp and place on a plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil in the same skillet. Add the broccoli florets and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cooked shrimp back into the skillet and toss to combine with the broccoli. Pour the broth mixture over the shrimp and broccoli and toss to coat. Continue cooking until the broth mixture thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
1 1/4 Cup: Calories 270, Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 235mg, Sodium 400mg, Protein 34g, Carbohydrate 10g (Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g) Potassium 890mg, Phosphorus 390mg.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Carbohydrate, 1 Nonstarchy vegetable, 4 Lean Protein, 1/2 Fat