Makes: 4 servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together first 5 ingredients.
- Place tilapia in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; brush with lemon juice. Top with crumb mixture, patting to help adhere.
- Bake, uncovered, on an upper oven rack until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen tips:
- This breading would complement most types of fish. Try it on salmon if you prefer.
- If you don’t have fresh dill, a bit of fresh thyme would be great with fish and lemon.
- Tossing the bread crumbs with a bit of oil helps it crisp up in the short amount of time it takes to cook the fish.
1 fillet: 484 calories, 37g fat (6g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 5 lean meat, 3 fat, 1/2 starch.
Original source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/crispy-dill-tilapia/