Cod with Bacon & Balsamic Tomatoes Recipe photo by Taste of Home
Makes: 4 servings | Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 4 center-cut bacon strips, chopped
- 4 cod fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Add fillets to bacon drippings; cook over medium-high heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Add tomatoes to skillet; cook and stir until tomatoes are softened, 2-4 minutes. Stir in vinegar; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes longer. Serve cod with tomato mixture and bacon.
1 fillet with 1/4 cup tomato mixture and 1 tablespoon bacon: 178 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 485mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.