Makes: 4 servings | Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, mix honey and 1 tablespoon oil. Add tomatoes and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 5-7 minutes or until softened.
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve with roasted tomatoes; drizzle with glaze.
- Editor’s Note: To make your own balsamic glaze, bring 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10-12 minutes or until thickened to a glaze consistency. Yield: about 2 tablespoons
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup tomatoes and 1-1/2 teaspoons glaze: 306 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.