Makes: 4 servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes and marinating; Bake: 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- Pour 1/3 cup wing sauce into a shallow dish. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat. Let stand 15 minutes or refrigerate, covered, up to 24 hours
- Preheat oven to 400°. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, tarragon and pepper. Place bread crumbs and remaining wing sauce in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat all sides; shake off excess. Dip in wing sauce, then in bread crumbs, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place chicken on a rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Test Kitchen tips:
- It’s worth it to keep plenty of dinner ingredients on hand. Buy chicken breasts in bulk and freeze them so you always have something for dinner.
- Tarragon has many health benefits including protection against cholera, protection against dementia, and it can even help those who suffer from type 2 diabetes.
- Check out 30 other baked chicken recipes that work for any occasion.
1 chicken breast half : 277 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Original source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/baked-buffalo-chicken/